Friday, April 07, 2006

Why No Weblogs Lately?

In case you have been wondering why there haven’t been any weblogs posted lately, it's because I am presently ministering overseas. In fact, today is the first day for about a week that I have had a reasonably good Internet connection.

I am so grateful for and proud of my fellow VOMC Communications Team members who have continued to carry on the work in my absence. For example, The Persecution and Prayer Alert has gone out without a hitch to thousands of subscribers each Wednesday for the past two week, while I am been incommunicado. It is good to know that I can trust Jim, Greg, and Mark to maintain the high standards that we have set for ourselves in researching, editing, and sending out this vital publication. Floyd and Vanessa have been superbly representing the mission at home school conferences in Ontario (and this weekend, in Alberta), introducing parents to our wide selection of material geared to training children who will boldly witness for Christ in their communities. I am so proud of the fact that we are one of the few missions in Canada with such material of such high quality.

I am also thankful for the many of you who pray for us. Some of you, I know, pray for our staff daily. You have no idea how important that is. To be honest, I have not been well over the best several days, having contracted a rather serious chest cold that threatened to disrupt the teaching sessions that I was to conduct earlier this week. While I was seriously fatigued and my teaching was affected to some degree, the Lord did provide the strength I needed and grace to the participants, some of whom had travelled a long way to come. After the three day seminar, those who attended have indicated their commitment to take the biblical theology on persecution and discipleship back to their churches, denominations and teaching institutions in order to better equip those under their care to stand in the face of persecution.

I still have a few days until I get home. I am in another country right now, visiting a church who has demonstrated their sincere love for their persecuted brothers and sisters in providing financial support for several projects, even though they, themselves, are in a religiously restricted nation. Pray that I will have the wisdom not to go back into overdrive, now that I am starting to feel on the mend. This would only cause me to relapse. Pray that God will bless my time here as I visit with these dear brothers and sisters. Pray that I can be a blessing to them in some way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that all is still well and that God has provided for you during this trip despite some health concerns. I look forward to your return and more posts!