Saturday, December 16, 2006

Checking into Princess Margaret Hospital Today

This afternoon, I will book into Princess Margaret Hospital in downtown Toronto and I will do so with mixed feelings, I am sure. On one hand, I want to get this stem cell transplant over with. At least the uncertainty and waiting will be over. On the other hand, it is scary. Will it take? Will I be able to regain some degree of normalcy to my life? Will I be able to be the CEO that VOMC needs and requires? I confess to having had a rather poor night's sleep.

I have no idea how well I will be able to keep you all updated on my progress. I will try, of course. I value the prayers of each of you. Thank you so much to those of you who have been upholding my family and I during these days. Please pray for the staff of VOMC in the coming weeks as well. We have a number of staff members who are still rather new to many of their responsibilities. I have confidence in their abilities, however. With God's help, and the encouragement and support of each other and you, their friends, I am certain that God will continue to glorify Himself through the mission of VOMC.

I am taking some reading with me to the hospital and so I hope to do some reflective writing during this time. If I can get a good connection to the Internet from my room, I will be in touch through this weblog as much as I can.

God bless you all and talk to you again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Glenn. That throng is following you in.

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine the anxiety that you must be feeling. The devil no doubt would wish to trip you up with fear. I have prayed that God would grant you an assurance of his faithfulness toward you even when your circumstances are not the most pleasant right now.

'For he himself is our peace' Ephesians 2:14