Friday, January 22, 2010

Prisoner of Tehran

As a subscriber to the CBC Radio's Between the Covers podcast, I am currently listening to a reading of Marina Nemat's memoir, Prisoner of Tehran. In the book, Marina recounts her arrest in 1982 at the age of 16 and her subsequent detention at Tehran's notorious Evin prison. Since we receive reports about Iranian Christians detained at Evin prison, this book immediately grabbed my attention. I hope it will help me have a fuller understanding of the conditions and challenges they face and how I can better pray for them.

You can watch a video interview below for more information about Marina Nemat:



Have you read Prisoner of Tehran? If so, please feel free to comment with your reactions to the book. Did you enjoy it? Would you recommend it to others?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read the book and recommended it to my daughter. It is very well-written. You really begin to understand what goes on in Evin Prison. The author is from the Christian community. Eunice