Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Credo from 1st Peter

As you may recall, a month ago, my computer and I went to war and eventually I won. Its body now lays broken at my feet in my office until I am absolutely sure that I have transferred anything of value from it to my new computer which I am typing on right now.

This has also given me the opportunity to look through my files and see what I can delete. I ran across a rare gem entitled "The Credo from 1st Peter" that I saved in August 2001 from a website by David G. Wiseman at the University of Western Ontario. I am pretty sure that he wrote it as part of a Bible study series that he had written on 1st Peter. I hope you find it helpful

---------------------------

Believing that Peter's 1st Epistle is relevant to my life and that its message is directed to me by God the Father,

I recognize that the value of the Salvation which has come to me through the sufferings of Jesus Christ surpasses anything and everything else that I have ever considered important or valuable.

Therefore it is necessary for me to conduct my life as an obedient, holy child of a wholly just Father so that Jesus Christ may be revealed to the world,

And to demonstrate the holiness of my Father through the righteousness of my life, even in the face of persecution.

Knowing that my citizenship is no longer of earth, but of heaven, I must take up my new responsibilities and live such a holy life that the world will have no choice but to glorify God.

I will submit to injustice for the Lord's sake; I will suffer as Christ suffered so that I can demonstrate Him to the world.

I will pattern my marriage after the example of Christ so that I can demonstrate His love to the world.

I will suffer for my holy lifestyle rather than loose God's favour. I will suffer for my faith so that Christ may be revealed. I will suffer for my Lord knowing that He has good reasons for allowing it.

I will wear my suffering as a badge demonstrating that I am done with sin. The will of God, not my own desires, will direct my life.

I will commit myself to my faithful Creator and continue to do good, even in the face of the suffering that He allows.

And the God of all grace, who has called me to His eternal glory in Christ, after I have suffered a little while, will himself restore me and make me strong, firm and steadfast.

To Him be the glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: