Friday, May 19, 2006

Theology of Persecution to be Taught at Toronto Baptist Seminary

I was very excited to learn yesterday that I will teaching at Toronto Baptist Seminary late this summer for the first time. From August 28-September 1, 2006 (8:30 - 4:30 p.m.), I will teaching "MISS 323 - A Biblical Theology of Persecution & Discipleship" as a 3 credit hour course. The focus of this course is an examination of the biblical teaching on persecution as a central aspect of Christian discipleship, providing a biblical foundation from which to articulate an understanding of God's perspective on these issues and to evaluate historical and contemporary perspectives. I take the students from Genesis to Revelation with the goal of training cross-bearing disciples for the 21st century. It is clear to me that this was basic teaching for 1st century believers that is just as relevant today.

If you are interested in taking this course, I would encourage you to call the Registrar's office at Toronto Baptist Seminary at (416) 925-3263.

4 comments:

Marshall Darts said...

With all due respect it is clear to me that you are stuck in the first century. You should try to catch up with more recent happenings like the Renaissance, and the Enlightenment. Eventually you may even be able to understand the 21st century.

Regards.

Glenn Penner said...

Okay..... Amazed how you can "clearly" see this from this weblog, but I will take your word for it. Actually, I am probably stuck in the first three centuries :-) (just kidding).

Scott said...

"With all due respect". As Sir Humphrey said, that's code for "with no respect at all".

Glenn Penner said...

LOL. Absolutely right. Thanks!