Monday, January 22, 2007

Update on My Recuperation

Hi everyone. Thought that I would give you a brief update on how my recuperation is going from my stem cell transplant. I am doing much better than I was at my last update. I can now make it up flights of steps and my appetite is gradually coming back. My digestive system is a bit sensitive, however, so I still have to watch both what and how much I eat. I am undergoing some Graft-Versus-Host Disease now, which is a good thing as it shows that my brother's and my cells are trying to graft. Pray that this grafting will be a complete success and that the cells will be aggressive enough to seek out the remaining cancer cells and eradicate them.

I can't say that I am anywhere near normal yet, but getting there. I actually went into the office this afternoon. I needed a change of scenery and a little work helped get some of my physical discomforts out of mind for a while. I do have some low level pain in my stomach area that concerns me. I will be going to the cancer clinic again tomorrow for my regular twice-a-week checkup so hopefully they will know what to do, if anything.

Thank you again for all of your prayers. I am sure that they are the reason I am doing as well as I am.

No comments: