Thursday, March 22, 2007

Disappointed but Grateful

Yesterday was not a good day. I found out on Tuesday evening that I tested positive for Cytomegalovirus (CMV) again. This is rather common for transplant patients, which is why they test for it every week when I go to the bone marrow transplant clinic. I wasn't surprised as I have been feeling a little worn out lately. But I was still disappointed as it meant that I had to cancel my plans yesterday to attend and speak at our Persecuted Church Prayer Conference in Edmonton this weekend. I so much enjoy those events, especially the one in Edmonton, which we have done for several years in a row now at Northgate Baptist Church. They are wonderful people there.

Of course, the conference will go on quite well without me. Our staff and the hosting church have everything well in hand. The speakers will be excellent. It makes me feel good to know that I can leave these details in the hands of others without any concerns; they are a credit to the mission and the kingdom of God.

I pray that we have a great turn out on Friday night and Saturday and that God's Spirit will work mightily through the prayers on the saints who gather during these times to interceed on behalf of the persecuted around the world. I will be joining them from my home in Mississauga.

No comments: