Mark your calendars and plan now to attend one of VOMC's annual Persecuted Church Prayer Conferences coming up this spring.
The global persecution of Christians is one of the great untold stories of modern-day Western Christianity. Believers of Jesus Christ often suffer in anonymity, their cries heard only by God. Nowhere is this truer than in North Korea. Behind the barbed wire that closes this country off from the rest of the world, thousands of Christians languish in prison camps, worship clandestinely, and witness courageously despite the threat of execution if discovered.
God calls us to remember those in bonds and to suffer together with them in their afflictions. This year’s VOMC prayer conferences will focus on our brothers and sisters in North Korea. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear firsthand reports on how God is at work in the world today and how you can get involved in remembering those behind the wire.
The conference locations and dates are:
March 28, 2009
Time: 9:15 AM - 3:45 PM
April 4, 2009
Time: 9:15 AM - 3:45 PM
This year’s conference speakers include:
- Mr. Kim - Mr. Kim was born in North Korea in 1962. He served in the North Korean military for ten years and was eventually promoted to the rank of captain. Gradually disillusioned by the deteriorating conditions of North Korea and his growing awareness of the outside world, Mr. Kim eventually escaped to China and came to know the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Glenn Penner - VOMC’s Chief Executive Officer and author of In the Shadow of the Cross: A Biblical Theology of Persecution and Discipleship, Glenn has ministered around the world on behalf of the Persecuted Church since 1997.
- Eric Foley - Eric Foley and his wife, Mrs. Ahn Hyun Sook, are the founders of the Voice of the Martyrs Korea. Their primary calling is to serve the North Korean church.
- Trevor Dick - Trevor Dick is a popular electric andacoustic violinist who has toured across Canada, the United States, South America, and Africa. Trevor will lead the worship times and bless us with his musical skills at the conferences this year.
- Greg Musselman - VOMC’s Chief Communications Officer (Multimedia Productions), Greg has travelled extensively, interviewing persecuted Christians and producing video documentaries for the mission. A popular speaker, Greg also ministers to churches across Canada.
There will also be "break out" sessions on the themes of "What exactly does the Bible teach about persecution?" by Glenn Penner, "Becoming a VOMC volunteer" by Ed Blasco, and "The ministry of letter writing" by Adele Konyndyk/Erin Vandenberg.
There is no cost to attend. Refreshments will be provided but you will be responsible for your own lunch. Many restaurants are located in close proximity to both sites (a map will be provided at the conference). No childcare will be provided. For help in locating nearby hotels, please call our office at 1.888.298.6423.
For more information, download our brochure by clicking here.