Monday, October 12, 2009

Ask God what to do. He must know

Over the years, I have been asked repeatedly by people how they should respond to the persecuted church?  What should they do?  I have always been uncomfortable answering the question because I felt, in a sense, that people are asking me to be play the role of the Holy Spirit in their lives.  Recently I ran across this quote by our founder, Richard Wurmbrand, in which he addresses this very issue in his own very unique way.  I wish I had run across this quote years ago…

rw Jesus said that the second commandment, to love your neighbour, is like the first, to love God. If you love us, the oppressed Christians in the Red camp, you love God, because God is within us, in cell eleven, and twelve, and thirteen, and in the cell with the rats and in the cell reserved for tortures.

I cannot tell you what to do for us. The pastors among us have been smitten, and the sheep area scattered. Care for these sheep, gather them in. Our Bibles have been confiscated. Our families eat garbage. I don't know how you can reach them. But you are the abode of the almighty and omniscient God. He must know.

wurmbrand signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Thank you for this encouragement when I feel so helpless.