Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Remember them

HEBREWS 13

I have found that many people when they first hear about the persecuted church are almost paralysed, wondering what they should do next.  They hear how the Bible commands Christians to "remember them" who are in bonds (Hebrews 13:3) but wonder how to practically do this?  After all, it seems so "unreal", so different than what they ordinarily are exposed to in their church. "What do I do now?" they wonder. The temptation is to move on and forget about the whole thing, to focus on problems and issues that are more immediately urgent, with solutions that are easier to identify.

I understand this because the persecuted often seem to be so far away, in countries you may barely have heard of (or have never heard of), with names you can't pronounce and testimonies that seem straight out ancient of church history.  I remember when I first started in this ministry back in 1997.  My learning curve really was almost straight up.  And the sense of "where do I go from here?" was very real.  Convinced of the reality of the persecution and the need to "do something" it is easy to wonder if there really is anything that one can do that would really make a difference.

After these years, I have come to the conclusion that it’s easier than you think.

Last year, The Voice of the Martyrs specifically designed a website to guide you in discovering how to "remember them."  Click here to check it out.

1 comment: