Sunday, June 07, 2009

Something to ponder

One of the reasons I get involved in social networking services like Twitter is that they help me to get a sense of what people think and believe about certain issues.  This is a little harder for me now than it was when I was a pastor or when I was out speaking on behalf of the mission more often.

One of the continuing mantras I hear thrown around is that theology isn’t important. In fact, many seem to believe that is is deadly to true spirituality, wrongly linking it to the biblical contrast between Law and grace or the Spirit of God and the letter of the Law.  And so today I posted the following question on Twitter: “If you wouldn't trust a doctor who is badly trained in anatomy, why would you trust a Christian leader who is badly trained in theology?” I’ll be interested to see if I get any response.  What do you think?

As you think about this, I would invite you to take a look at some of my earlier blogs on the subject:

No comments: